• Abhyudaya Education Society School
    अभ्युदय एज्युकेशन सोसायटी स्कूल

  • Call Us: +(91) 022 2470 7205
    Email: admin@aesoc.org

Welcome to Abhyudaya Education Society School


In the year 1962 a new Education Society known as New Cosmopolitan Education Society was formed. In May 1963 one more Education Society known as Abhyudaya Shikshan Sanstha was also started. In the year 1964 Abhyudaya Education Society was established with a view to catering to the needs of education of the children of lower and middle class people of Abhyudaya Nagar and its vicinity and got registered under the Societies Registration Act and Bombay Public Trust Act on 9.4.1964.

Few tenements made available by the Maharashtra Housing Board helped the Society to run School on skeleton basis. Due to the increase in the students strength, the Society managed to get 14 tenements from MHADA in the ground floor of Bldg. No.34 and the Primary Section was housed in it. Two plots of land admeasuring 700 sq.yards and 1068 sq.yards were allotted to the Society on lease by MHADA in the years 1970 and 1973 respectively. Initially a temporary shed was erected on the said plots and 8 class rooms were housed in it.

In the year 1976, a part of the building was constructed at a cost of Rs. 4 lacs in the 700 sq.yard plot of land. In 1980, second and third floors were added to it. In 1986 building was constructed in the adjoining plot i.e. on 1068 sq.yard with ground plus 3 floors. The total cost involved for constructing the school building with 37 class rooms and an auditorium was Rs. 49 lacs. After completion of Society's own building in the year 1987, 14 tenements in Bldg. No. 34 was taken back by the MHADA as per the agreement and the Primary Section was shifted back to the Society's own building. In the year 1995 fourth floor was constructed to the existing buildings and some extensions were made in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor levels at a cost Rs. 52 lacs.

At present, we are conducting two full fledged schools in our own four storied buildings with well equipped science laboratory, library, hall and 54 class rooms having the capacity of 437 sq.ft each. From a humble beginning of 50 children, the school managed by the society has grown into a gigantic institution with more than 6000 students receiving education from K.G. to S.S.C. levels in English and Marathi as medium of instructions with teaching and non-teaching staff of about 150. A Junior College of Commerce was started in the year 1989. Students were sent to S.S.C. Board Exam for the first time in the year 1968 and for H.S.C. Exam in 1991. Our Primary sections are receiving grant-in-aid from the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and the Secondary and Higher Secondary sections are aided by the State Government of Maharashtra. Due to the increasing demand and necessity of computer literacy, from the year 2000 our Society has introduced Computer Education as a subject to the regular school curriculum for our students for their bright future.

Today ours is a prestigious school in the neighbourhoods. We have the legacy of students who hold responsible posts in India and abroad. All credit goes to the well wishers, parents, staff, students and all those people who tirelessly worked for the spread of education. We express our heartful thanks to the strong stalwarts who built this institution. Their hard work and contribution stands before our eyes in the form of well established school.